Based in Mauritius, the CNOI Shipyard holds a strategic position : it is between the Indian Ocean and Antarctic fishing zones and is close to the main merchant navy routes.
The yard does both ship-building and ship-repairs. Born in 2001, the CNOI Shipyard is fully operational since 2003 with the opening of a 130m long dry-dock. The yard employs today about 300 people.
Ship-repair clients are the following :
- Fishing ships (trawler, linig vessels, seiners...)
- Tugs (coastal harbour tug ,oceangoing tug ,salvage tug,...)
- Service vessels (antipollution crafts, sea-going barge, pilot boats , dredgers ...)
- Transport oh freight (bulk carriers, porte-containers carriers...)
- Public service vessels (research vessel, training,...)
- Patrol vessels (Marine, custom vessels, Coast guard, Police...)
- Liners (passenger ships,caulker glass vessels...)